Make the Impossible Possible in One Sentence
Remember Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children in Your Will or Living Trust
What if all you had to do to ensure that Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children can be successful for years to come is to write a simple sentence? Sound impossible?
Securing the future of those we serve really is as simple as one sentence. By including a gift to Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children in your will, you can support our mission tomorrow without giving away any of your assets today.
If you are ready to include a gift to Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children in your will, contact Mike Stimpson at 214-559-7886 or Mike.Stimpson@tsrh.org to get the suggested sentence to add to your will.
Including Scottish Rite Hospital in your will is a popular gift to give because it is:
- Affordable. The actual giving of your gift occurs after your lifetime, so your current income is not affected.
- Flexible. Until your will goes into effect, you are free to alter your plans or change your mind.
- Versatile. You can give a specific item, a set amount of money or a percentage of your estate. You can also make your gift contingent upon certain events.
How a Gift in Your Will Works
Your estate planning attorney can help you structure a gift so your loved ones will be taken care of first after you’re gone. He or she will include this sentence in a new will or living trust, or add it to existing documents through an amendment called a codicil. A popular option is to leave a percentage of what is left of your estate after other beneficiaries have received their share. This way, your gift remains proportionate to the size of your estate, no matter how it fluctuates.
Is Including a Gift in Your Will Right for You?
If you answer “yes” to any of the statements below, you’re ready to write Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children into your life’s story through your will.
- You want the opportunity to guide decisions about the future ownership of your possessions and the legacy you leave behind.
- You want to make sure your support of our work is still available after your lifetime.
- You want to balance your generosity to us with an assurance that loved ones are taken care of first.
- You want the flexibility to change your mind about your gift at any time.
How You Can Make a Difference
Every gift begins with an important question: How can I make a difference? If you have any questions about leaving a gift in your will to Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, please contact Mike Stimpson at 214-559-7886 or Mike.Stimpson@tsrh.org.